Mahogany Harlow on Ebay

3089 reads
SB's picture

There's a 9 year old mahogany Harlow on ebay right now with an opening bid of $2500.  http://tinyurl.com/qzya8y

Comments

James Traylor's picture

In my opinion,  a bit overpriced for a 9-year-old guitarSurprised. I picked up a 2002 Jumbo cherry Harlow for $2200 last year that was in fantastic conditionSmile

Wink

Phil Dean's picture

Excuse me, but, that guitar looks pretty dadgum good, maybe some close up shots would be worthwhile.

James Traylor's picture

Yes Phil, it is a fine looking instrument. I just feel that a starting bid of $2500 (1 bid placed and reserve not met) is a bit high for a 9 year Harlow guitar. Of course someone else's mileage may varyLaughing.

Wink 

James Traylor's picture

Preston, if I catch your drift, and I think I do; yes it wouldSmile. Of course, being the scum-sucking bottom feeder that I am, I really can't blame anybody for trying to maximize their profitsLaughing.

Wink

McHorn's picture

I would be interested in that guitar but unfortunately the seller offers shipment only within US.

Wolfgang

McHorn's picture

Preston,

Thanks for your kind offer - I really appreciate it !!! So let's see how the Ebay auction turns out..........

I have now asked the seller about his reserve price. If it's too high I'll better stop bidding................

Wolfgang

McHorn's picture

The seller just answered. He didn't tell me exactly the price but mentioned that it is beyond 3.000 USD. I replied: "good luck with the auction" !

Wolfgang

James Traylor's picture

Jumbo price for a non-jumbo guitar. In the immortal words of Jerry Seinfeld, "Good luck with all that."Laughing

Wink

Michael Barton's picture

To my ear the best sounding Harlow I've ever played was not a Jumbo.

James Traylor's picture

I can't speak for the Harlow standard body, but I agree Michael, there are many aural qualities to admire in the standard body guitarSmile.

Wink

User login