New Eclipse Guitar

5008 reads

I've had alot of emails and PM's about the Eclipse guitar. Here's the specs.

Larger body than my standard model.

Carbon fiber back braces

Carbon fiber reinforced cone supprt

Carbon fiber neck rod

"gusset support system" (eliminates the 6 sound post)

Different back taper than my standard model

Customers choice of the Meredith name in headstock or fingerboard

Thanks for looking, Tooter Meredith

Romans 109-10

None

Comments

Dean Upson's picture

Tooter,

Could you post some pictures? Thanks.

I would but, Andy has the only one thats complete. I have a Cherry Laminate version that will be ready in about 2 weeks. I'll try and post pics of it. Thanks, Tooter

Heff's picture

Sounds interesting T man.....What does it sound like ? I know if you built it it sounds great but how different is it from say my Meredith ?

Brad Bechtel's picture

Here's a screen capture of Andy's Meredith. Is this the same model we're talking about?

dobrodoug's picture

Yep, that's the one!

It is laughing or crying?

I thinks it angry, because Andy wont let it rest. Lol!

KodiakReso's picture

I see it as two airfoils. I've been thinking of soundhole ideas for my current maple large body build and one of them was to have some part of it follow the contour of the coverplate. That hole shape is one of the things I wish I had thought of. From the sample videos Andy has on the website, the guitar has a really sweet Maple punch sound combined with a really boomy bass. Pretty much exactly my favorite reso sound. Nice job Tooter, hopefully I'll get to play one of these soon.

Sam Cassady's picture

Was there any change from your earlier guitars in the design or position of the baffle on the Eclipse? Does the carbon fiber neck rod extend into the body?

ChristianD's picture

Oh, a moustache dobroSmile

Beard MA-6 #228 with Hearts & Flowers coverplate, Rayco Weissie #157

Heff:

Sounds interesting T man.....What does it sound like ? I know if you built it it sounds great but how different is it from say my Meredith ?

Heffster, 

The Eclipse to me has a real "throaty" sound. Also very responsive all over the neck.  Not saying it's "better" than my standard but it's a different sound than any other resonator I've ever heard. And I like that!!!!

P.S. And because of the carbon fiber it's light weight too :-)

User login