ResoSummit: An Invitation from Rob Ickes

2111 reads
Betty's picture

I'm posting this invitation from Rob Ickes. If you didn't get an email from Rob announcing this event, let us know at resosummit@gmail.com, and we'll forward the announcement to you. Stay tuned for information about additional faculty.

ResoSummit: 3 Great Days in Nashville!
with Mike Auldridge, Rob Ickes, Randy Kohrs, Michael Witcher, Andy Hall + more!

ResoSummit: There's no other phrase that does justice to the remarkable events that will take place in Nashville from November 8-11, 2007. It's going to be a full-immersion experience, with a wide range of workshops, performances and lots of reso-fun. Our mission for the weekend: education and inspiration!

I've gathered a critical mass of dobro legends, great players and teachers, gurus, raconteurs and curmudgeons to lead the Summit, including Mike Auldridge, Randy Kohrs, Michael Witcher, and Andy Hall, luthiers extraordinaire Tim Scheerhorn and Paul Beard, and other special reso-guests. Personally, I wouldn't miss a minute of it, so I'll be there from Thursday night until the last twang fades, teaching, performing, and making sure you're having a blast.

You're going to want to be there, so now is the time for the penny saving, spousal negotiating, travel planning, and whatever else you need to do to get yourself there!

We're planning to kick things off on Thursday night at The Station Inn with an Infamous Stringdusters performance (Andy Hall, dobro), to blow the cobwebs out of your head and prep your brain for the days to come. (Station Inn dates subject to change; stay tuned for full schedule.)

From Friday through Sunday, we'll have a full menu of workshops, jams, "dobro speed dates," faculty fave song deconstruction, and other creative approaches designed to ramp up your playing rapidly and enrich your creativity. We'll be tapping some truly gifted teachers and players to make all this happen, and we're going to make sure everyone has lots of fun in the process. We've found a great campus right off Music Row - The Scarritt-Bennett Center - for all our daytime activities. This beautiful Gothic campus will make you think you're in college (except no exams!), and will put you in just the right mood for a high-energy learning experience. And a nearby recording studio will be available for a hands-on recording experience, for those who dare!

Each night during the ResoSummit, we'll head back to The Station Inn for some great performances by bands featuring faculty members, including Three Ring Circle. And for the grand finale on late Sunday afternoon, we'll have a closing performance at the Harambee Auditorium at Scarritt-Bennett. Stay tuned for more details.

By the end of the Summit on Sunday evening, you'll be loaded up with enough inspiration and "homework" to keep you busy for the next year!

For more details, email resosummit@gmail.com for the complete announcement.

--Rob

User login